Where are the Women this Site Implies? Romance community Forward to friends

• View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2005 at 07:40 PM

I think this site is pants too! I keep getting mail, but I cant read it, I cant search people in the UK, and Wales does not exist!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 08, 2005 at 02:18 AM

I tend to agree, does anyone know of any better sites that work?
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 04, 2005 at 08:14 PM

I think this site stinks myself.
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 02, 2005 at 01:11 AM

Vzare2385 write:
    I just think people are more afraid today. Relationships these days are so hard to keep. I have only had three real relationships in my life. I was married almost half my life, husband had midlife crisis. Second lasted 3 1/2 yrs. Third lasted about nine months. I am kind of afraid to get to close to anyone. I have alot of love to give but so hard to trust these days. Also you have to have a gold membership to communicate mostly. One thing I don't do is lie or cheat. I think that is my problem I am to kind. I haven't been with anyone for over a year. Where I live their all creeps. I don't know I think I just have to wait to find my soulmate. If it is suppose to happen it will.
    Blessings and Light
    Vzare2385

test
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 01, 2005 at 07:49 AM

Perhaps geography is a major hinderance, as I am finding out myself. I am celebrating a 4 month anniversary of an online relationship cultivated on AgeMatch, one which has become more than simply casual. My perspective partner lives in another country, which is quite distant from the USA. Moreover, there are Visa issues and the inevitable costs of an airplane ticket.

I feel quite positive that I found someone here, who does connect with me in many ways, despite these barriers. We are planning to meet, know where one another live, and she has done much work in getting a passport and starting the Visa process. I expect that we will be meeting very, very soon as the hold-up is on my end, not hers'...

I can relate to relationship issues, which have made me very reticent in opening up to someone in a forum like this. I used to think that I could find a woman locally and, as a paying member several months back, I did receive responses from women in my own zip code! I think that became a barrier, since I was afraid I'd run into them, LOL!

But, my only statement is for all of us to take it easy on ourselves. The online method of meeting people is still a new way. Hopefully, all here will find their mate, friend, or pal!

Ksos
  • View author's info Posted on May 28, 2005 at 07:22 PM

I just think people are more afraid today. Relationships these days are so hard to keep. I have only had three real relationships in my life. I was married almost half my life, husband had midlife crisis. Second lasted 3 1/2 yrs. Third lasted about nine months. I am kind of afraid to get to close to anyone. I have alot of love to give but so hard to trust these days. Also you have to have a gold membership to communicate mostly. One thing I don't do is lie or cheat. I think that is my problem I am to kind. I haven't been with anyone for over a year. Where I live their all creeps. I don't know I think I just have to wait to find my soulmate. If it is suppose to happen it will.
    Blessings and Light
    Vzare2385
  • View author's info Posted on May 22, 2005 at 12:45 PM

nevertoolate write:
    I agree that the problem is mainly geographical. I particularly hate men who promises to come for a visit and then dissapears entirely a few days before the agreed meeting. I mean its one thing to fool around on the net, but its sick to make someone hope and believe in a bogus relationship. If you cant afford to travel and meet the woman you claim to be interested in, why dont you just go to the nearest pub and get laid! Excuse my language...

Nevertolate,

Wow! Sounds like you really got beat around the bush by a guy from our country. Trust me, you have just ran into a very poor example of someone who shouldn't even be allowed around any women.

But, I did write to you in another forum thread that we American men, are not like that. I am planning on marrying my partner.

I am just saying give our nation's men the benefit of the doubt!!! LOL!
    Ksos
  • View author's info Posted on May 22, 2005 at 12:31 PM

Unfortunately, this is the one price we have to pay to meet people from the planet Earth. I think it isn't as expensive as a horrible divorce (Yes, I am finalizing it as we speak!) can be and so many lives damaged. Not ruined, but damaged.

If my soulmate is in the Phillipines, then she is there, and the plane is gonna cost more than a Greyhound Bus from Cherry Hill, NJ.

But, it is worth every darn penny, for I want to be loved and cared for with passion, not some woman who hates me in nearly every regard! You are all beautiful people and deserve to knock dopwn all of these ridiculous bariers, Money is only money. Love is endless and eternal.

Bless everyone!

Ksos
  • View author's info Posted on May 20, 2005 at 09:52 PM

I agree that the problem is mainly geographical. I particularly hate men who promises to come for a visit and then dissapears entirely a few days before the agreed meeting. I mean its one thing to fool around on the net, but its sick to make someone hope and believe in a bogus relationship. If you cant afford to travel and meet the woman you claim to be interested in, why dont you just go to the nearest pub and get laid! Excuse my language...
  • View author's info Posted on May 07, 2005 at 03:51 AM

I have noticed too, that a great deal of the females here ignore the "inter-generational" theme of this site.
    Too many times, the female will be say, 22, and the age range of the guys they are seeking will be 21-25. Honestly, what are they doing here? What are there...about a billion other "general" dating sites out there that they can use instead?
    Having said that tho, perhaps when one is young, someone 3 years older *seems* like an "older man"! lol!
  • View author's info Posted on May 06, 2005 at 07:01 AM

I find the biggest problm to be a geographical one. Despite the fact that we can converse with anyone anywhere in the world, we still prefer, out of conveniance, to talk to people who live just down the road. I find anybody who I would realistically be interested in usually live 5000 miles away (inferno being a good example of this... never wanted to live in Chicago so much in my life) and may as well live on the moon for all the chance there is of anything developing.
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 03, 2005 at 08:13 AM

I agree with You completely. I am on several dating sites and MANY lack the features you suggest. I have pointed this out to their respective customer service centers and recieved a polite answer stating we're working on it or look for future updates. That is bit SLOW for me. This is THEIR business and it is run shoddy. Maybe I'll start one of these sites. Knowing all that is wrong with them as a 'Customer',AND fixing it NOW, it would probably do well!!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 02, 2005 at 12:22 AM

I think many bi women, especially those whom guys perceive as being "extraordinarily attractive" have no trouble meeting men in everyday life, thus they aren't really looking for guys online. It is much harder for them to identify and meet potential female partners, so even though they may be bi, their personal ads tend to be directed towards other women. In many cases, an advertiser who describes herself as bi already HAS a male partner and is just looking for females "on the side."

The best way to solve the problem in my opinion, would be for dating sites to offer an advanced search feature, which would allow searchers to pull up only the profiles of people who might actually be interested in them. Nerve offers this "mutual match" option, as does Match, but it seems AgeMatch still has some catching up to do...
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 31, 2005 at 04:00 AM

Yes, I agree that many profiles are misleading and also some people are misleading as well. I think it is a "trial and error" type of dynamic and on this level, I wholeheartedly have experienced what you have.

I have, unfortunately, been harrassed by one member here, who simply wanted me to send her money. On the other hand, I did connect with very nice, younger lady with whom I communicate several times a week with...

In terms of the "bi" versus "lesbian" profiles, I guess that this is a personal choice of the poster to put up what they want. Maybe what is really happening is that some of the posters who say that they are "bi", are confusing us straight guys, since we might find them extraordinarily attractive and assume they would be interested in a male, as much as they would be interested in a female.

Just my 2 cents.

Ksos
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 30, 2005 at 05:06 AM

Glad You Are. Likewise, I have a very specific desire in mind which makes the process slightly more difficult, but as in my basic post, it did NOT happen HERE where intergenerational is the premise. I, too, have some meetings coming mid-summer. Mostly college girls who have to finish their terms, but, no less enthused with events to expect. The problem I referred to with lesbians is NOT that they are, but, that their >profiles< are misleading. For example, Hi I'm BI in the intro, but in the >text< NO males or ratings are with Males 'X' out! If they are strickly lesbians just say so, why "beat around the bush" (no pun intended). Some are so gorgeous it's, unfortunately, a waste too. Glad it's working HERE for You.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 29, 2005 at 04:06 AM

Doc...

I have had success here in finding penpals as well as a special young woman who I am planning to see this summer, a young woman who I have had a sustained period of contact for several months.

What have been the problems in your experience? I have found that the women who do "match" with me, write to me.

Yes, I have had some who haven't elected to write back, but certainly I have had more than 4 women who I have corresponded with, to the point that I resigned as a paying member. The woman I mentioned previously, is the one with whom I feel that there is a great chance that we will connect in "real life".

I think it is a matter of having to court a woman, as if you were back in the day. Just a suggestion.

Also, the problems is not "lesbians" as I have seen you write this, as a "reason" previously before. There are plenty of heterosexual women who are interested in meeting men.

Keep at it and I am certain that you will find a nice person to meet!

Ksos
Follow - email me when people comment