Best way to approach an older woman. Share dating advice and safety tips Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 19, 2007 at 09:45 AM

I'll never claim to be the best with women. I used to have a lot more guts when it came to approaching women, but lost that somewhere. I've had my fair share of bad relationships (mainly all of them), but I'm still optimistic about it, although, a little discouraged. I find it to be way more difficult to approach an older woman because I have no clue if she's into younger men. I know that the best way to find out is to approach, but it's intimidating when I would like to approach someone who seems to have a lot. I don't have the best job or a lot of money, I've got a poopy car, and I live at home. I feel like I just need someone to help clear my thoughts or to steer me in the right direction when it comes to mature women. Any suggestions on how to approach and how to get past the age barrier. Anything that you may think would help me in my situation would be appreciated immensely. Thanks for taking the time to read this and take care!
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 3Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jan 25, 2010 at 06:26 PM

• View author's info Posted on Nov 02, 2007 at 11:46 AM

A couple things come to mind.. first of all, honesty. If you can't be honest with a lady about what you're looking for and what you can offer her.. it won't go very far. We do figure out the bullshit pretty fast.
    Second, all ladies like to feel attractive, but a casual funny comment or question, is a good way to start. You'll know if she's interested in talking, by her the way she replies. Respect the reply, whether it indicates interest or not.
    And I might also suggest that you work on the living situation, career, etc. Although money isn't everything, I think that most of us want a partner who can pull his share of the load, especially in a long-term situation. You don't have to be rich, but being secure and stable are HUGE pluses.
    Lastly, learn to view all women as beautiful. Just sit somewhere, sometime, at the mall, on a park bench, on a bus bench downtown.. and watch the women. Look at the way they carry themselves, eavesdrop a little... and learn to find the beauty in each one. Once you do that, it will show in the way you approach every woman. And women will notice you in return.
    Good luck!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 30, 2007 at 09:59 PM

You will never know if an older woman is interested in you unless you ask!

Age is nice, but emotional maturity is better. I expect a man to be a Gentleman, have the basic manners and social graces, be honest and direct and to be confident is a plus!

Most mature women are not seeking "another son" to raise. We like having men in our lives that make us laugh, feel sexy, enjoy life.

Being your own man, being honest, confident, concern and loving life will get you very far with most women. Try it!

What doesn't work with one woman may work with the next. I'm glad you are not giving up on meeting that special someone. If we all gave up, there wouldn't be anyone loving in the world!

Good luck, let me know how things turn out!
Follow - email me when people comment