50 versus 70yrs Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 29, 2008 at 06:45 PM

I just had a message from a 50 yr old man in USA I live in Australia??? and I'm turning 70 this yr and a young one at that! but heck, I've got a son that age so why would a man of 50 want an woman old enough to be his mother?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 3Comments

• View author's info Posted on Feb 23, 2009 at 02:41 PM

Tiger sweetheart if you were a man you,d understand.It,s good old fashioned double standards and sheer physical attraction issues,and the issue of having a family if you,re one of the poor so and so,s like me who got left on the shelf by the young girls of my own age when I was younger.However the thing that I can,t understand is why are all of the older women on here not being snapped up by the younger blokes who are 'saying'that they,re looking for them?.In this case one of them seems to have tried all the way from the US to find out that some 70 year old Aussie women don,t want to be chased by much younger men.He obviously should have stayed at home where it seems that he might have been in with a chance.By the way would you have a Grand Daughter who,d like to join you on here to provide some interest to the blokes like me who have,nt given up hoping to find a young wife yet?.Also I,d actually be happy with a girl a lot younger than 25 if I,m lucky enough to find one on here which I doubt.And I,m 50 now not 49.However having said all of that the Australians in general seem to have some very closed minded views on age gap relationships wether between older men and younger women or younger men and older women.As I said I,ve got some old fashioned double standards on the issue in which,to me,it seems nothing much out of the ordinary for older men to marry younger women.It,s probably because I,ve seen a lot of those type of relationships through my life.We,ll just have to agree to disagree.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 20, 2009 at 11:58 PM

So why is it ok for a 49 year old man to want a 25 year old woman but if a 50 year old man is interested in a 70 year old woman, he is weird?
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 09, 2008 at 05:31 PM

Don,t ask me there,s some very wierd people on this site by the look of things.However if you,d have said why would any bloke of 49, like me, be looking for a woman YOUNG enough to be your GRAND DAUGHTER then I could have understood it.
Follow - email me when people comment