Has anyone here been in a LONG TERM age gap relationship? Younger Men/Older Women Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on May 22, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I've perused the topics in this forum...and almost all of them read like Date Ads or something! I was under the impression this was a discussion site to talk about age gap relationships. Just want to hear from anyone who has been in a LONG TERM age gap relationship and the situations that they've encountered thus far. I hope I found a good site for my intentions because I've searched all over the net and haven't found any really good age gap sites - until I found this one.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 19Comments

• View author's info Posted on Aug 24, 2017 at 01:26 PM

I was married to a lady for 19 years who was 12 years older than I am

after our divorce I met a lady who was 82 and I was 47, she became the love of my life and yes the sex was very fantastic. we lived together for almost 2 years when one day I came home and she had left to her sisters in New York

she didn't want me to know that she had developed a fast acting unoperable cancer and was gone 3 weeks later

she was 35 years older than me and I miss her everyday

• View author's info Posted on Feb 07, 2017 at 02:04 AM

I am just turning 48. I had a relationship that lasted 3 years with a girl who was 25 when I met her. She approched me! We had a great few years - however she did cheat on me in the end and it did not end well. However I still talk \ see her from time to time and wish her all the best. So although it finished it did work for those years.

• View author's info Posted on May 30, 2016 at 11:54 AM

It seems impossible to find that on this site nowadays.  Maybe a few years ago when the site was much better, but now.  It is a ghost town......booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• View author's info Posted on Feb 07, 2016 at 03:34 AM

runner you are great

• View author's info Posted on Jan 30, 2016 at 08:13 AM

Read your blog and I have to give you the thumbs up! Love your attitude! 

• View author's info Posted on Dec 18, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I met a young lady she was 25 ,I was 50 at the time,she comtacted me ,online.After a couple of weeks chatting ,she gave me her phone number .This was a very attractive lady ,I thought it was a joke .or a way to rip me off.At the time I built very expensive custon harleys,and restored high end cars.I didn't call her for three weeks ,.only after she assured me there was nothing going on except she wanted to meet me.So we met at a park near her house ,had a nice visit ,also she had a one year old daughter ,the dad was not in the picture.I met them both ,and we started dating ,my fears about getting ripped off were put to rest after I met her parents almost a year later .Her dad collected exotic cars ,this ended up being a 9 year relationship.That for the most part was good for both of us.I helped her daughter learn and grow,I was a single parent to my own kids after my wife passed when my kids were 8/9 years old,so it did not bother me a bit.Her daughter grew up to be a good kid .My girlfriend did have daddy issues and was not able to talk to me about it.The only issues were at times when we went to a restaurant,hotel,I would get a comment or hear it ,"your daughter,your dad," it never was a problem.I might add she was 5' 11" and I am 5' 8" ,I am confident enough to not let that bother me,I have dated several ladies that were much taller than I before.This relationship recently ended after nine years in a way that was handled poorly by her.I always said ,if you meet someone and want to date them ,tell me ,as I will do same to you.It will still hurt but not as much,and with a nine year old that I was basically her dad ,that can continue with restrictions.She chose to pick the very worst time to end it .On my birthday and the morning my best friend had passed away.She did it by text,without any warning ,all prior texts ,calls etc were I love you ,etc.She had already started seeing a guy a week before ,when I tried to talk to her she gave him the phone.Then he starts threatening me ,names .etc.I am very well versed in jiu jitsu,muay thai ,got a wrestling scholarship to Iowa state ,did well.I am confident enough to not worry about idle threats,and figuring he only know one side of story.I let it go ,she already made her choice.After her parents calling me ,she finally contacts me,was unable to explain.It was over ,up until this point it was a good relationship ,as far as I knew.It seems that she was not mature enough to do the right thing .Would I change anything? Not really ,still don't know why ,but doesnt matter now,just bothers me because I am still friends with most of my ex girlfriends and their husbands /boyfriends ,we get along well.

• View author's info Posted on Nov 03, 2013 at 01:36 AM

Rene, I was married to a  23 year old at age 31. In my 40's I went out briefly with younger men, just by chance. I wish I had a legitimate new  long term success story to share.

I am seriously looking here for a sweet and younger love of my life. It is very very very difficult. I am worn down by accusations of being "nonsexual" and fighting with my weight. I was reeling from insults especially from other guys, players and predators,  Most of them always seem to single out women seeking monogamy.

I was on this site a year ago. I have elevated my search since 2009. I would love blissful success

FINALLY!! after ZERO long term results.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 19, 2013 at 07:26 PM

I am 67 years young and have been in a relationship with a 45 year-old for two years. We do a lot of traveling together and have a great time. Most men my age can't keep up with me and they have all kinds of medical problems. I'm actually in better physical shape than my honey because I'm a runner. So, here's to many more years with him.

We never really get any strange looks or comments. Personally, I don't care what anyone thinks about our relationship. if we are both happy, that's all that matters.

My friends have nicknamed me "The Coug." 

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jun 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM

well I havent had very much luck with any of my relationships so far and theyve all been age gap relationships but Id rather not discuss them in a public forum but Ive had 4 one when I was 18 and she was 50, a second one when I was 20 and she was 45,a third when I was 21 and she was 35 and my fourth when I was 25 and she was 39 so anyone that has any real questions and not trying to just hook up ask me but Im not a gold member yet

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Apr 25, 2013 at 01:37 AM

My ex-husband was 1 years younger than me--in fact, all of my lovers once I was over 30 were younger.  I was married to my ex for five years and we're still very good friends--the divorce had nothing to do with age.  As for the others, we just weren't meant to be.  But we remain in touch, and very supportive of each other.  So, it happens!  And when it happens, it's really rewarding.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 24, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I had a relationship with a 36yo woman when I was 19, it wasn't exactly long term though, she was the mother of a friend of mine, she was gorgeous, I still fantisise about her.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I was 44 and he was 28...we lasted 5 great years.  I've been in a relationship with a guy that is 20 years younger for just over a year and things are still good.  I think as the older woman I have more concerns than he does, much as you've mentioned Tman62.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 24, 2013 at 09:12 AM

I remember dating a woman 47 when I was just 24. It was fantastic! She was embarrased about it but I loved it and was crazy about her.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 23, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I have mentioned this before, I had a 20 year Marriage with a man 16 years younger, Mostly very happy, and he has just Re-Married another older woman. I have also had a 2 year relationship with a 15 year age gap, and did meet someone on here who I had a long distance relationship with but it was more like friends for over 2 years. there was a 19 year age gap. [he has a jealous girlfriend now so we have stopped communicating] All of my Age Gap relationships have been long term and very good                                                                                    Its strange though the majority of people who view me on here are Men seeking younger women, so I am not sure why they are checking me out.                                                    The Age gap has never really been a problem in any relationship I have been in.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Nov 20, 2012 at 08:12 AM

@ Cougar: That's awesome! I feel the same way about my relationship; at times it hasn't been easy, but, we still love each other, we're still together and still rollin'! ;) @HotDotty: A year may not be long relatively speaking, but it's a significant block of time spent together on a daily basis. It's really cool to see that you guys are in happy & loving age-gap relationships! #tessa_usa: Thanks for the suggestion of that website. I already tried going there a few years ago for support but there was some drama and jealousy amongst the members there that just didn't fit in with what I was looking for. @Essentia: I agree with you! People really should take the time to get to know each other before embarking on a relationship or getting engaged/marriage. I try to enjoy each & every day that I have with my sweetlove and always feel grateful and special to have such a wonderful man in my life who truly loves me and who wants to share our lives together. Welcome to agematch!
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 13, 2012 at 06:36 AM

She is 47 and I am 29. Been together 4 yrs. I hasn't been easy but we're still rolling!! :-)
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 09, 2012 at 06:40 PM

One year so far...not long relatively speaking but so far, so good.  I'm 50 and he's 32.  ;)
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 25, 2012 at 05:38 AM

Try Agelesslove as it is an age gap support group and you will find long term relationships there.  Good luck to you. 
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 24, 2012 at 09:49 PM

Long Term seems to be the missing ingredient in many reltionships of today.  Essentially, I've been dating only for 6 years.  I'm a widow. 
    I was married for 23 years but if I had thought I'd be with the same man at the beginning for that long, I may have run away (smile).  We became friends first, talked for hours on the phone, dated for about three months with no sex.  We just liked each other tremendously.  Sought each other's advice on jobs, relationships past-tense, family, friends, our futures and plans, not knowing we were building a foundation.
    This takes time.  I find it is frustrating that few people take the time to get to know one another.  What's the rush?   And, yes, you can talk yourself into and out of relationships.  Why not just enjoy each day as it comes to us.  Have fun and by all means laugh together.
    I just joined this site today.  I've a lot to learn and friends to meet.
    Namaste
Follow - email me when people comment