Purpose of AgeMatch Romance community Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 23, 2005 at 07:20 AM

I just wanted to voice an opinion?and then see if I get blasted!

I use to be a Gold Member of AgeMatch, but of late I can find no reasons to renew that membership. It seems to me that the site has in fact strayed from what it was originally intend for. The following is taken directly from the AgeMatch home page?

The best, largest and most successful Inter-Generational dating club in the world!

This is the perfect place for Older Women and Younger Men, or Older Men and Younger Women to interact with each other.

Generation gap is not a problem here, but a great merit to romantic friends and singles right here.

When I first joined, I was excited to discover that there actually were younger women who might be interested in me?and I actively pursued a couple of the ones I met here. Now however, it seems the site is no longer exclusive to ¿intergenerational dating?as it proclaims on the home page. Here is an example?

On a recent visit I did a search with the following parameters:

Female
    Age 18 ?25
    Distance ?200 miles from my zip

I settled for these simple parameters as not being a paid member, the system limited me to them.

For purposes here, I am only going to refer to the first 40 responses I received to my query ?as there were well over 100 total.

The first 40 responses totaled as follows:

# of
    Age Respondents
    18 23
    19 3
    20 2
    21 4
    22 1
    23 1
    24 2
    25 4

Of these 40 responses, 10 of them were 18 year olds looking for someone (as listed in their posting) who was within 6 years or less of their own age! Another 11 were 18 year olds who wanted to find some who was not greater than 10 years older than themselves. That makes 21 ?over half ?postings that were basically a waste of my time ?as I see no reason to reply to a post when the young lady posting it, is clear that she isn¿t interested in an older guy.

Being 49 myself, out of these forty responses, there were only 9 that actually wanted (according to their post) to date someone my age (or older) and these spanned the range from 18 to 25.

So?why are there 18 & 19 year olds advertising to meet other 18 & 19 year olds on a site designed for intergenerational dating?? Seems a bit odd to me. Why would I want to pay a fee to read post after post from women who aren¿t really interested in intergenerational dating, but instead see AgeMatch as just another dating site?

Seems to me the management should be in a position to regulate this and as diplomatically as possible explain to these people what the purpose of the site is, rather than just allowing these postings. After all, you apparently take the time to read all submissions for content to ensure no disallowed content etc gets into them, why couldn¿t you read the rest of the specifics about the person posting it, and then where the situation warrants, deny posting to those who are not interested in dating outside their generation? There are after all, a million regular dating sites out there for these people to utilize?and not many that cover the same ground that AgeMatch does?

Perhaps the management needs to define what constitutes a ¿generation?and then post it somewhere on the site, so that visitors and prospective clients will be able to read and understand the purpose of the site actually is?

¿¿ is the perfect place for Older Women and Younger Men, or Older Men and Younger Women to interact with each other ?to talk about religion, work, sports, life, relationships, or more.?

I will climb down off my soap box now and wait to see if there are any others here who share my view.

p.s. I hope the management takes this in the spirit it is intended...
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 12Comments

• View author's info Posted on Dec 05, 2013 at 05:52 AM

feeling upset of the older men in this site they think all women are same looking for sugar daddy/knight in shining armor :( helloooo i just want you to know that everyone has its own taste, and anywhere on this earth there is always good and bad, and its normal because no one is perfect. I joined this looking for the right man with honest heart...
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 28, 2008 at 05:45 PM

The question is would ANY of those replies have resulted in a date??.Also there just are,nt enough,if any,teenaged girls who are genuinely looking for a relationship with a middle aged man these days.The site can,t work miracles by providing girls who don,t exist.Those of us who are unfortunate enough to have been left on the shelf in our youth in the 1970,s or 1980,s are probably stuck with the choice of an older woman of our own age,so no children of our own,or just die as single men.Not much of a choice is it.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 07, 2006 at 06:35 AM

Just came back and looked over the site again...
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 18, 2006 at 04:44 AM

mirabelle write:
    Works better for an older woman looking for a younger man byt then I find an older woman gets young mens attention on all dating sites whatever she writes in her profile.

Yes, but much of that attention is from filthy-mouthed young sleazeballs looking for webcam and/or cyber sex ONLY. What attractive, intelligent older woman would want such a connection?
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2006 at 08:36 PM

Just look at the forum posts. They all have a button to report abuse. Maybe if more people reported these deceptive profiles, then the administrators would be able to clean up this site and limit it to its stated purpose. If we don't work with them, how can we expect them to work for us? Also, realize that society is hard on people who don't meet its expectations. They may be uncomfortable broadcasting information that might be identifiable along with something that is seen by many as socially unacceptable. If they were truly turned off by intergenerational dating, they wouldn't be here in the first place. By reaching out in private, they may be saying that they are interested, even if they don't put it on their profile. This gives them the opportunity to reach out to those that interest them and limit contact by those that they might not be interested in. It would be nice if society was more accepting of differences in people. What will they regulate next, what ice cream flavors are acceptable? Rather than society helping its people to feel good about themselves, which would be the ideal, it tells them that they must push the square peg into the round hole, molding themselves to societal ideals. All society is doing is creating insecure people with multiple hangups. For instance, try to find a small-breasted woman who feels good about her body and her femininity. It would be so nice if we could all feel good about what we have to offer and enjoy those who appreciate what we have to offer. Let's just make the most of what we have and respect the fact that everyone has their own preferences. After all, you are here because you have preferences. It isn't our place to judge others who prefer something different than we want them to prefer. If a person prefers a same sex relationship, respect that, just as you want them to respect your preferences. Don't be the fox who claimed that the grapes out of reach must be sour.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 12, 2005 at 06:13 AM

I have talked to and met a number of younger men from this site. It is like any other site. There are the good and the bad. I do agree that it should stay as stated, Inter-generation. I feel that this is the best site for that so far. We all get frustrated that people represent themselves on here in one way but are truely not that but they do that off line also. What do you do?
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 10, 2005 at 12:32 PM

I am 52 and a financially secure black female with an associates degree in paralegal who is having trouble on this site dating interracially and intergenerationally.

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Oct 24, 2005 at 08:21 AM

I concur with the general theme expressed by the first post; however, I find that as a younger man seeking an older women, I get responses.
    My problem lies with people's limiting the growth of the relationship, i.e. talking and talking, never wanting to meet or perhaps take another step. This crosses gender lines, so I find no one gender more culpable than the other. Alas, where are those that, once they are comfortable and feel "close" to the other person, actually take the next step? I understand the concerns of identity expressed; yet, these exist in everyday life, though perhaps more conspicuous. Anyway, I shall cease my diatribe.... Hope to talk with someone soon..
    I concur with the general theme expressed by the first post; however, I find that as a younger man seeking an older women, I get responses.
    My problem lies with people's limiting the growth of the relationship, i.e. talking and talking, never wanting to meet or perhaps take another step. This crosses gender lines, so I find no one gender more culpable than the other. Alas, where are those that, once they are comfortable and feel "close" to the other person, actually take the next step? I understand the concerns of identity expressed; yet, these exist in everyday life, though perhaps more conspicuous. Anyway, I shall cease my diatribe.... Hope to talk with someone soon..
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 16, 2005 at 11:52 AM

The people who do this kind of thing really make me want to give up on this site (unless they can shape up) and go meet older women outside of here.

Older women rule! But not if the people are fakers... pretending to be one when they really are not
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 29, 2005 at 02:13 PM

also, there are some that pretend to be women but in fact are not. Katy from Florida is a 32 year old guy! There are a couple others who I have chatted with who I have a strong feeling are mis representing themselves too.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 21, 2005 at 04:15 PM

Hi,

I've had the unfortunate experience of finding out that most of these so called 18 year olds are infact under the age of consent. That makes me question what right have they be post a profile here in the first place. You have to be 18 to post here. It appears that agematch rule about being 18 to join is not being enforced.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 11, 2005 at 02:59 PM

Works better for an older woman looking for a younger man byt then I find an older woman gets young mens attention on all dating sites whatever she writes in her profile.
Follow - email me when people comment