Faith matters...Come, read, and comment. Religion Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 10, 2005 at 07:03 PM

In the age where religion is despised and religious people doing or accused to have done all types of crimes and atrocities, I prefer to be called a believer in the Lord Jesus and of the Holy Bible. "Thus saith the Lord" has more weight and substance than what any denomination says. People leading those denominations are failing themselves and people looking up and listening to them. I'm for Jesus and against spiritual leadership. So, I read my bible home, try to have Sunday services with my young son, send my tithes money to people who need it and not to pastors with bigger and bigger salaries and with bigger and bigger church buildings. The pulpit is corrupted with corrupted men.

Christian books bestsellers replace the Bible. There is no fear of God in the pulpits. Ministry replaces worship. Holy Spirit-inspired sermons are replaced by ready-made sermons bought on the Internet or on CDs. Pastors declare people saved after they had them walking down the aisle and reciting a prayer.

The man of sin is reigning in the churches. God's judgment has already started in the churches, but, church people are behaving like everything is well. Business as usual. All you need is to come in and join a ministry ASAP. And all is well.

What do you think?
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 9Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jul 24, 2014 at 02:19 AM

Great teachings, remember it should be faith with god work

• View author's info Posted on Feb 16, 2010 at 01:01 PM

you make "some" sense but I cant agree about walking down the Isle and a prayer..the moment you stand up to walk down the Isle you have accepted him in your life. Your prayer from your mouth is confirming that. Your words seem angry,maybe you just haven't found the right church. I go to Calvary Chapel and they teach the word book by book and explain as they go ..I love it.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 12, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Thanks to everyone for adding clarity to confusion. The one phrase that is embedded in my memory is "judge not lest ye be judged". And ther is a difference between "judging" and "discerning"
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 14, 2009 at 09:33 AM

Eroticsiren,

I realize this thread was started many years ago and that you are probably no longer following it. But I feel compelled to comment on your comments, maybe for the sake of others who may someday wonder by.

I understand your contempt for organized religions. I have had great difficulty finding a congregation/preacher that I felt was staying true to God's word.

I'm going to share something here that I've only told a couple of people, but maybe this is the medium that I'm to use to present this information. A number of years ago, I thought I remembered a passage of scripture that indicated that, in the last days, it will be better NOT to be affiliated with any organized church, but that true believers should meet among themselves and maintain a purity of the TRUE church. However, I was unable to find it anywhere in the Bible. Then I realized that my memory also seems to include a white robed figure giving me this information. Then I felt that if I told this to anyone, they would probably discount me as a nut. But I am convinced that this is something that God revealed to me.

Now, if you are still with me, let me say this: I believe there are many men who earnestly try to follow and teach the Word of God. I have found a few on a radio station I listen to. You can find them. There are a couple of guys that I don't think are totally correct, but I'm sure we all err about something. That's why I stay in the Word, myself, as much as I can.

Interestingly, in 2001, I had an incident that eventually made it very difficult for me to make it to Sunday morning services. I have been able to get out and check a couple of Sunday evening services, but can't find a preacher that is staying true to God's Word.

Well, I have an appointment to get to, so I'll try to check back here, later.
  • View author's info Posted on May 17, 2007 at 03:28 AM

I felt I had to reply to your comments on divorce, which were not the original posting, but need to be addressed, as there is so much misunderstanding. I have been divorced because of abuse, and I found it the most heartbreaking thing I have been through, so I do not take divorce lightly. In many versions Luke 16 v 18 is translated "whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery". The word "divorce" here is actually mistranslated from the original greek; the word here is "apoluo" meaning "dismissed" or "put away" so it doesn't mean that anyone who divorces and remarries is committing adultery. The concept of divorce in Bible times was different from today: A man would "put away" his wife, ie dismiss her, relegate her to the background of his household for some minor misdemeanor, without actually giving her a "bill of divorce" which meant that she would not be free to remarry. This meant that in an age when the woman was often totally dependant on her husband for her income and her children, she would be left without any means of provision, in limbo. God did not want this to happen because God is love. Obviously if the marriage was not properly ended the two would be committing adultery if they then married another. In Deuteronomy 24 v 1-2 it says that divorce is permitted by the giving of a bill of divorcement and the sending out of the house of the wife. Interestingly Jesus himself NEVER said "divorce is not allowed" but that Moses allowed it for the "hardness of men's hearts". In Matthew 5 v31 Jesus says that "whoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement" (KJV). Many Christians do not understand Bible teaching on divorce and just take it at face value, without understanding the context in which it was written. God does allow divorce although it is not desirable. I hope that you and other Christians will think again about the way you view divorce and remarriage through my writing this.
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 11, 2006 at 10:05 PM

I agree with you wholeheartedly Anlaby!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Oct 25, 2006 at 05:17 PM

For goodness sake, all of you, get over your bad selves, live and let live, and just be nice!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 29, 2005 at 03:42 PM

I liked what all was said and find you to be very profound. I will have to speak out on divorce however. I do not under any circumstances condone so-called christians putting other christians down for the evils of their life.

If they wish to re-marry after divorce I would not interfere or tell them not to do it. However if they asked my opinion about it I would have to refer them to Mark 10:12 "A divorced woman can never re-marry while her husband is still alive". Also, I would refer her to Luke 16:18 "The man who marries a divorced woman commits a***tery".

This is not to say if a woman has suffered any physical, mental or emotional abuse and has no hope of salvaging the marriage shouldn't divorce her husband. She most likely should and her life would probably benefit from it. But that does not give the wife permission to re-marry another while he is still alive, refered by 1 Cor. 7:11 "She must remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband...".

My thing against liberal churches these days is they pay no attention to these and other passages in scripture these days. Infact some of the pastors THEMSELVES are in violation of this and/or lead their congregations into believing God doesn't care if you have multiple marriages or broken homes as a result of that or both.

Make no mistake. God loves everybody, saint or sinner, straight or gay, single, divorcee or widower. But God does expect for everyone to keep his commandments if they wish to enter the kingdom of Heaven.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 12, 2005 at 01:47 PM

I read your comments and I must state that I agree with you on several points. I do not attend chruch services because of the corruption therein. I remember back when my Mother was divorced, instead of support, the "God loving" people turned their backs on her. They would not speak to her and probably under their breath condemmed her to hell. Once during a church membership drive, we attended services a t my friends church. The following Sunday we attended services a t another friends church. The friend whom had us a t her church the previous Sunday was verbally attcked when we did not come back to their church. She quit that church.
    Those that maintain they are God fearing, really have no fear that we are in hell now. If we wish to move to the next level, we will be judged by our actions here.
    This is certainly not to say that I will move to the next level, I have many flaws. I will most likely return many times to this place until I finally get my lessons thru my thick head.
    Back to your statements on the pulpit and those that stand there saying what they say. Billy Graham, in my opinon is the only preacher I would listen to. I don't know enough about him as a man and the life he really leads to know whether or not he lives by his words. Every one else, is but the devil in disguise. They will pay for the road they have paved here. We have all heard and seen the stories of the crimes and of their behavior on the news, no need to drag them up again. Needless to say, they will return until they learn what they have done to people while on earth will never take them to the next level. The word worship is only for God, NEVER a man.

Good Luck!
Follow - email me when people comment