18 f in indiana looking for a man to be there for me and my son Message board

• View author's info Posted on Mar 16, 2005 at 06:57 PM

looking for a man to be there for me and my son
  • 5Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 20, 2009 at 01:33 AM

were in indy are you
  • View author's info Posted on Nov 14, 2008 at 11:25 AM

It looks as though yet another girl has found herself in the same old situation of being dumped by the bloke who should be looking after his own family.It,s another of those stories which shows that many girls are bad judges when it comes to choosing their husbands.
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 24, 2008 at 08:13 PM

Quoting author:

Why cant you look out for yourself and son instead of relying on someone else? Learn to rely on yourself before letting anyone else in... it smacks of being needy.... and of course you need to think of your son, with a procession of different uncles being bought into the home... think carefully....

Now, don't be so hard on her. She's only saying she's looking for a husband, a good man who will support her and her two sons and stand by his family through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, etc.

In Indiana where she's from, "looking for a man to be there for me and my son(s)" is shorthand for all that. Considering how hard it must be for a single mother of only 22 who already has two sons, trying to make ends meet in the American Midwest, I wouldn't be judgmental of her at all, or look down on her in the least for being honest about the kind of man she wants.

And besides, look at the date of that posting -- 3 and a half years ago!
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 15, 2008 at 12:45 AM

Why cant you look out for yourself and son instead of relying on someone else? Learn to rely on yourself before letting anyone else in... it smacks of being needy.... and of course you need to think of your son, with a procession of different uncles being bought into the home... think carefully....
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 15, 2005 at 09:48 PM

if only i were from st johns
    id look after u and whoever else .your a diamond.good luck with the search