Peeve: 3 Years Is Not an 'age gap!' Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jun 16, 2007 at 11:34 AM

Okay, so I'm 'out of the closet' and have admitted to myself and the world that the women I prefer are generally in their late teens or twenties. Great - it's a real freedom to stop worrying about what the neighbors will think if they see me sashaying down the road holding hands with someone young enough to be my daughter. So I join and pay...

...and a huge percentage of the profiles read something like 'girl, 22, looking for men 18 to 25."

This is an 'age gap' or 'intergenerational' dating site - about the only one, far as I can see. You might have noticed that the woman in the page banner is a bit older than the guy she's with. That is an 'age gap.'

If you are 19 and you're trying to hook up with 18-24 year olds, YOU ARE ON THE WRONG SITE. If you are 19 and *find* someone 18-24 on this site, chances are very high that they are looking for someone twice your age, or more.

The thing that really bugs me is when I miss the 'I'm looking for guys my own age and too dumb to read the site banner' notice on the profile and send a message...and get called a dirty old man, pervert, pedophile, etc.

I came here because I like women between 6 and 18 years younger than I am. If you are here and you are between 6 and 18 year younger than I am, you being here indicates that you are potentially interested (as friends, potential dates, one night stands, or whatever) in a man my age.

So don't insult me when I hit on you, m'kay? If you're 18, 22, 26, and your reaction to a 36 year old man propositioning you is EWWWW ZOMG THAT'S SOOO GROSS!, you need to delete your profile and head for a more traditional dating site. It is frustrating beyond belief to pay and put time in to this site, see someone I think is attractive and find out that they're only interested in guys that are a year or two different in age.

Thank you.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 4Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 07, 2014 at 08:37 PM

Older men 15 to 20 years her Sr. It is not  fair to hook up with a lady that much younger, I'm 15 years younger than my guy, sexless marriage. It is a very lonly place to be, agirl can only shop so much and take just so many trips befor she needs a man Then she is looked at like a cheater because she still has needs, just somthing to think about!

• View author's info Posted on Dec 03, 2007 at 08:45 AM

I did an 'experiment' of sorts... in that I performed a search, then took the time to count the results of that search.

Of 126 'hits', only 26 were looking for someone my age - 51. Out of those 126, 77 listed a desired age group with less than a 12 year difference!

Your point is well made. But consider how limited this site would be if over half the 'younger female' bios weren't here? I'm thinking 'we' wouldn't be as quick to give them our money...

During the 30 day period I paid for, I sent out 90 emails to various profiles on the site. I got 22 repsonses, of which I ended up reporting 9 as being 'suspicious'. Additionally, I even have doubts about the ones I did exchange email with.

Needless to say, I'm not paying for another month.

The site operators know what their site issues are, but they choose not to adress them in the interest of making money...
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 30, 2007 at 06:49 AM

*Applause* THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I too have my "required ages" posted on my profile. I'm still getting 18 to 25 year olds contacting me! I'm thinking, "Okay, he can't READ so ingore he goes!"

My oldest son is 21, and I'm no RKelly, I'm not into anyone his age or younger. Tickles me when the 18 year olds are hitting on me and I'm like "look, I'm old enough to be your mother and in some cases your GRANDMOTHER!" If much younger men were my thing, fine. However, they are not!

I'm like you guys, I've paid good money for this site. I would hope that those seeking the ages that they desire would be contacted by those people!

Thanks for posting this! I also needed to vent!
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 05, 2007 at 01:59 PM

I have to say I totally agree! Why do so many men seem illiterate? Why do they believe they are the exception to the rule? My preference is for younger men...and I have very clearly stated my age criteria so I don't get bombarded by a bunch of boys with their pants on fire....OR some fat old guy. Maybe they thought it's a typo? I don't think I can make myself more clear in regards to my purpose on this site, and even though my expectations are low, I just wish the ones who do appear in my message box were toilet trained or not in need of my meager bank account.
Follow - email me when people comment