YOUNGER MEN - GET OFF YOUR LAZY A***S AND ACT! Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jul 22, 2006 at 07:08 AM

Oh, man.

In some respects this potentially wonderful site is being sabotaged by the large numbers of younger men who claim to be desperate to meet a gorgeous older woman yet just can't be bothered to contact the ones they like or even to check out the profiles.

Most guys are too lazy to POST on the forum, and way too many don't post a pic which is just ridiculous. What have you got to hide? A wife? A partner? Or the fact that you look nothing like your written description?

If any young man reading this is wondering how to meet someone, MAKE THE EFFORT. Do you expect every lovely, quality older woman to come running after YOU? DREAM ON! Most won't ever chase a man. We don't need to.

Pauline X
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 15Comments

• View author's info Posted on Jan 11, 2008 at 08:54 AM

OMG!!!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Dec 27, 2006 at 11:35 AM

Hello! try me!!!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 20, 2006 at 09:14 AM

Hey Mithrilmoon! Here's another one re: YM I find questionable: their profiles say they are interested in meeting OW but when you offer to set up an innocent meeting with them (coffee for an hour?) they back off. One guy who has been corresponding with me for about 2 months now actually has a GF his own age. Then what the hell is he doing on this site? He once asked me that question--now I've asked him. I guess he's confused. I told him he was just a tease. I have met one YM in person and he was really nice. He IM's me and he said we'll go out soon (right). While purusing the blogs recently I have seen both these YM still searching. Guys (and gals), if you're not sure, then don't do it. Get off the site.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 19, 2006 at 08:09 AM

Nothing wrong with your age, IPPMcc! It's perfect. The world is full of flakes--you just have to sift through them.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 18, 2006 at 08:49 AM

GOOD LUCK, YOU GUYS!

I'm still looking, still fielding replies, still full of determination to find the one I seek.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 15, 2006 at 01:26 AM

I know I have talked with some women before and not abruptly quit, but have taken a longer hiatus than I wanted due to life sneaking up on me. I don't mean to not respond some times, but when you get real busy it's hard to find time to chat. Like now it's almost 3 am here and i can't sleep, so i have been responding to everyone i know. =}

I can never get women to respond to me on this site though...I'm probably one of those too old, younger guys...or not of anyones taste. (sigh)

~P~
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 08, 2006 at 08:46 AM

I liked what you had to say and I agree with it. One problem I've encountered--and I haven't figured it out--is when you're in the middle of some fun or interesting correspondence, the guy suddenly (abruptly is more like it) signs off on you and you never hear back. What's up with that?
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 19, 2006 at 12:19 AM

well, i was at home, and i didnt want my friends finding out, now that im in college, i can do as i wish and come as i go, makes it alot easyer
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 29, 2006 at 04:44 AM

MICHIGANGUY1975 write:
    No offense, but your ex sounds like a bit of a slob. Ha ha...

You know that WAS kind of offensive!

He used to brush it and clean off the crap but when a bearded man eats - and the beard is long - spillage is unavoidable. Not nice to watch.

He was beautiful man, and a poet. But beards are not my thing.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 27, 2006 at 08:47 AM

andrewpauljones write:
    Yes a lot of this is definately true. This is a new experience for me, i dont know if the next step i take is going to be in the right direction or not. I very outgoing and intelligent, but in any case trying new things does make somebody less confident.

Hi there.

The point is that you are 19. OF COURSE you have anxieties! If you were 29 or 39 it would be a different story.

You're pretty brave to post a reply, and I'm very glad you did.

Oh - and you look pretty good to me.

Good luck.

Pauline X

• View author's info Posted on Jul 27, 2006 at 08:44 AM

MICHIGANGUY1975 write:
    Thanks for the advice. I know the beard can be a turn-off but that's me. And to add to that, it's usually a bit more bushy . I understand that it'll take a special lady but I'm willing to wait it out. Surprisingly, I have changed a few opinions with the lady's in the past. One claimed to break up with me if i grew it. She ended up loving it! Every night she had her hand in it (now I know how dogs feel). Even with a beard most people assume I am five years younger. It's been on my face for many years. I don't think it's going away any time soon. But it does seem to attract the younger ones with the whole "dad complex" issue. Exactly opposite from what I am looking for.

LOL yeah.

I do have personal experience of the bearded man thing. My ex was gorgeous but when he had a full beard - it got pretty long at times - soup would drip on it, crumbs would get trapped in it, etc. Since I married the guy it obviously didn't matter that much, but that was then and this is now.

He looked way better - and younger - clean-shaven. If you are comfortable with your beard that's fine. It was just a thought in passing.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 26, 2006 at 06:01 PM

Yes a lot of this is definately true. This is a new experience for me, i dont know if the next step i take is going to be in the right direction or not. I very outgoing and intelligent, but in any case trying new things does make somebody less confident.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 25, 2006 at 04:50 AM

MICHIGANGUY1975 write:
    I'm doing the best I can! I've sent emails to women and have posted in the forums and nothing. I know I need to be patient but what gives?

Hi, and thanks for replying.

My comments were not aimed at guys like you who DO try. I know that many men have been on this site for a year or more and had hardly any replies. I myself don't mind a slightly older younger man (!) but many women here seem to favour very young.

Another factor - perhaps connected to the 'youthful appearance' thing - is the unpopularity of beards, goatees, etc. Some women love beards, others can't stand them.

I prefer smooth-chinned, myself. Facial hair may have nothing to do with any man's lack of success but it may be worth considering a change of 'look'.

'Boyish' and 'bearded' do not really go hand in hand! LOL.

In any case, very good luck to you. I think the key note is perseverence. Who dares, wins.

Pauline X
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 23, 2006 at 04:39 PM

vanessa62 write:
    One thing we need to keep in mind lady's, is that these are younger men. I am sure some of them are a little intimidated, and probably they lack self esteem. Have you ever thought that they may think they wouldn't be able to please a real woman? It is unfortunate that they don't believe in themselves, their looking for someone to help them find it, kind of like a mother!!

Fine.

But some of these 'young men' are 30 or older.

What possible excuse can there be? We are all here for the same reason. Do you think much older women don't feel apprehensive? Are you kidding? We are WAY more nervous about the whole thing than a younger man could ever be.

There seems to be a kind of apathy here - and a determined resistance to actually forking out even the cost of one month's subscription.

Thanks for the apologia - but who wants a man so timid he cannot communicate with one? There's no future there.

ps

I have two grown sons. I don't want another! I want a friend and lover. Innocence is no bar. But make the effort or remain alone. It's that simple. We are in the very same boat!

pps

Hi Vanessa! Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Pauline X
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 23, 2006 at 02:38 PM

One thing we need to keep in mind lady's, is that these are younger men. I am sure some of them are a little intimidated, and probably they lack self esteem. Have you ever thought that they may think they wouldn't be able to please a real woman? It is unfortunate that they don't believe in themselves, their looking for someone to help them find it, kind of like a mother!!
Follow - email me when people comment