Older Women & Younger Men Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Sep 10, 2007 at 03:41 PM

New here. Just wondering if stereotypes apply on this site. It seems there is more opportunity for an older man to find an endearing and lasting relationship with a younger woman than the other way round.

Although many of the profiles I have read posted by younger men state something like friendhsip, penpal, long term relationship, etc. It seems to me what young men really want is "an education" and experience offered by an older woman that they can then turn around and use to seduce and satisfy a a younger woman.

I see things like "women 18-62". What is that? To believe that all older women will be as lucky as demi moore and ashton is to believe in fairy tales. We seek our soulmates and twin flames.

Why is it in America that older women have become the "divorced and cast offs" of men who are utterly insecure in their masculinity and therefore must seek and recapture their youth through a younger woman. The younger woman, of course, benefits from security, which the older woman now does not have, after being divorced by the older man.

The younger woman, will be widowed, before this happens to her. And the cycle repeats.

I am ready to withdraw from this site after saying my piece. I think women in Europe are much better off. There an older woman is to be cherished as fine wine. Where is the Divine Goddess in all of this? Where is the reverence and veneration of ancient times for the sacred divine? She afterall is the one that lifts the man to bliss with her vibration.

Would that we all could afford thousands of dollars of plastic surgery, replacement therapy, and HGH. Perhaps then men would stop asking our age for age would be moot. For we would stand in some timeless and eternal place other that those calculated by the revolving earth.

I like Heinlien, and have met "Lazarus Long" in real life. There is an idea for us all to ponder. Susznne Somer says: I consider myself "Ageless".

This site must move forward.

Members Only

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 8Comments

• View author's info Posted on Oct 29, 2011 at 08:55 PM

I do believe younger men and older women couples are becoming much more common these days.

As a man who once had a serious relationship with an older woman, however, I do take a little offense to the tired argument that the general imbalance in this regard is attributed to older men discarding their mid-life wives out of "insecurity." This notion that men drop their wives for younger gals premised on the belief that older men are trying to recapture their youth and masculinity sort of trivializes and minimizes the true complexity of the relationship dynamics. A bad marriage is a bad marriage. A loveless marriage is doomed at any age.

Many younger men these days find older women attractive in the same way that many younger women have been finding older men attractive since the beginning of time.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 31, 2010 at 06:55 PM

Gotta agree with you RoundedRooster. Male Bashing or Female Bashing for that matter, is not attractive or productive. If you have issues you should sort them out before you venture out into the Land of Daters again. It isn't fair to take your grievances so close to the surface out on the next person. "He or she wasn't there!" The next person should have a fresh start within your heart. Not saying you ignore what to look out for, based on what you have learned (i.e. the signs), but if they begin to add up without pointing out each sign you see to the new person you have to decide if the ground is too shaky to continue on the path. Like everyone else, I feel "ageless" (didn't realize how cliche' it sounds to say that) but I just like beautiful people. I don't care if they are young or old. Beauty inside and yes, outside. I take care of myself (the heart and spirit first) and actively work on maintaining the outside! I like people that haven't given up on like already, oft times they are simply younger than I am chronologically. ~ Peace people!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jul 15, 2010 at 02:44 PM

I would love to meet a woman older than me. Older the better. I am 45. 55+ is good. 60+ would be most exciting.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 08, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Quoting techgirl:

I would love to meet a guy younger than me. Most of the guys my age (or older) are either too set in their ways or have let themselves go.

Wow techgirl, I thnk you hit this nail right on the head!!! That is the problem with guys that are "getting up there..LOL"
    I guess you could say that once they hit 35, for some odd reason they think that any woman, even if you are only a year older, can't keep up with them or something. Or, they seem to think that just because you have become friends they can let their appearance go when they are around you. I mean it's ok to hang out in jeans and a t shirt, but when you are going out somewhere you would like them to at least comb their hair!!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jan 05, 2010 at 01:23 AM

Wow, male bashing huh? No wonder you cannot get a date! Take a look at yourselves before you sit and complain. You want to know why most young men won't commit? They are horny and primarily want to add another notch on their belt. Why does an older guy look to a younger woman? Many reasons! There are those guys that just want sex with a younger woman. Guys that like the naivety of a young woman. Guys that want others to notice so they do not feel so old. And guys like me, who, get tired of looking for someone that maintains themselves that are my age. I like women my age, they are going through the same problems in life. But, too many women let themselves go. Also, many women my age love their baggage and that is tiring. It's nice to meet someone that can put their past in the past and not be bent (not be such a pessimist). A younger woman opens greater possibilities to find someone. Plus, I do not have kids. I would really like to have some, even adopt. I like kids! So, why should I give up? Because you think I should? As for looking at younger woman... Don't be a fool, women look at younger men a lot. You do not read their profiles, I do. The most obvious are the ones going through their sexual peek. Why is it so important and so good that a woman should experience her sexual peek? And why do women frown upon a man wanting to experience his? You want younger men? Then stop bashing, it's too negative. Also, exercise, don't dress like my grandma (for the lady that started this post) and be more entertaining and fun. And I do not believe your claim that "I often hear from younger men, how much they admire older women and really would like to get to know one." I don't see guys saying this, you made this up. What you will here is about banging that MILF or the hot old chick. Young guys can care less about you wanting to be teacher or "admiring" you, they just want to get wet! Also, don't claim to be athletic when you are not. Watching sports does not qualify you as an athlete. If you exercise regularly and have low body fat, than you are athletic in terms of body shape. And, while a size 14 might be average in the USA, it's still overweight, don't lie to yourselves, we see through it. So, stop pointing out how messed up we are and look at yourselves. Maybe, then, you will find some answers.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 24, 2009 at 05:10 PM

I would love to meet a guy younger than me. Most of the guys my age (or older) are either too set in their ways or have let themselves go.
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 17, 2009 at 10:34 PM

yea you got me, I wanted to try an older women in bed, just to say I have, but not to brag to anyone. And its more likely that they would self established, maybe even rich. would be alot easier to have a steady relationship.. . I think..
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 31, 2007 at 11:45 AM

I agree with alot of what you are saying, Roisin. I often hear from younger men, how much they admire older women and really would like to get to know one. However, within a short period of time, it becomes evident that what they are really looking for, is to 'try out' an older woman in bed.. whether that is to fulfill some fantasy, or to be able to brag to their friends, I don't know. And on that note, I have something to say to all you younger men - ALL women have the same 'parts'.. whether we are 18 or 80. The difference isn't so much our bed skills (although those are more developed, and we do know what we want and what to do), but its rather our minds, our confidence levels, and our stations in life. We are stable, honest, open, and done with the game playing. And as for me, all I ask for, when being approached, is honesty. As older women, we have been down the path already of immature dating games, and have moved on to a point where we want honesty and communication. I realize that it is a rare occasion, when a younger man truly wants to settle into a long-term relationship with someone who is older, but I do still have hope. (Although, like you Roisin, this site is making me have some second thoughts on that!) All I can say, for men and women alike, be honest about what you're looking for. We're all adults here, let's act like it.

Oh and p.s., for those younger men who are honest about their intentions, and take the time to get to know an older woman.. I can assure you... you won't be disappointed.
Follow - email me when people comment