Scammers Message board Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Mar 11, 2006 at 03:48 PM

Hello All! I personally know that i am sick and tired of all the scammers on this site. I would like to know your thoughts and comments on this. Please feel free to express your thoughts. Thank You Justin
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 8Comments

• View author's info Posted on May 10, 2008 at 09:28 AM

I have had one very persistent scammer who has contacted me over and over with different pics and profiles - I don't know why me and why he keeps trying - he must realize when I don't talk after his first email that I'm on to him - good grief! It is making me question mankind in general which is really sad. I have stopped talking to all foreign men simply because the scammers are generally foreign. Now they say they ar from Illinois or Ohio but it's very evident from speech that they aren't - give it up scammers!!!
  • View author's info Posted on Sep 08, 2006 at 09:16 AM

hidesertdreamer write:
    Hi Justin,

This is a very serious problem all over the internet and many good people are being taken in by them. These scammers are pervasive, persistent and slick. The most common form of scam is the romance scam. As always, the advice is "If it seems to good to be true, it's probably a scammer or someone trying to lead you on." Ask alot of questions, ask for photos, contact information and take it all with a grain of salt.

There is a group that has been established to help combat this problem. It is a Yahoo group called Romancescams. Some of the members have also developed a database of photos of suspected scammers. There are literally thousands of photos. That site is romancescam.com. Please take the time to go there. You will see photos that may look familiar to you.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to leave me a note here and I will get back to you. If we all keep alert, we can help keep this problem from growing any more than it has.

Hidesertdreamer

Glad to hear about the attention this issue getting. Thank you for the information on the yahoo groups. Think that I have been met with a touch of this in various online sites. Sadly, I did not make some contacts here because it was during a period this year when my suspicion of online sites was high.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 19, 2006 at 02:41 PM

stylemissile write:
    There are lots of ways to recognise scammers. First sign is they are usually thousands of miles away (Russia?).

Next, they fall in love with you simply by letters exchanged. They have a job but no telephone or computer of their own, so they must use the post office and internet cafe.

Their letter seem to never answer you direct questions.

The sting; I was tarvelling home and lost my wages what am I going to do?
    My mother is sick and needs an operation! I want to be with you and I have a friend in an agency that can save us $1000 on the tickets but must be paid cash. and the latest one is I will telephone you, (that way I can ask for money without written evidence)

Try sending an email with garbage text and see if you get a reply as if you had written a normal email and also keep asking the questions that have been ignored in the past then just send an email with those questions only see what happens then....
    I never answer emails from Russia or Africa. What do you expect the people that run this site to do they aren't our great aunt fanny are they. You tell them then they can do something...

Stylemissile, could you claim there are no scammers in the UK? If no, don't mention Russia.
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 07, 2006 at 06:27 AM

Hi Justin,

This is a very serious problem all over the internet and many good people are being taken in by them. These scammers are pervasive, persistent and slick. The most common form of scam is the romance scam. As always, the advice is "If it seems to good to be true, it's probably a scammer or someone trying to lead you on." Ask alot of questions, ask for photos, contact information and take it all with a grain of salt.

There is a group that has been established to help combat this problem. It is a Yahoo group called Romancescams. Some of the members have also developed a database of photos of suspected scammers. There are literally thousands of photos. That site is romancescam.com. Please take the time to go there. You will see photos that may look familiar to you.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to leave me a note here and I will get back to you. If we all keep alert, we can help keep this problem from growing any more than it has.

Hidesertdreamer
  • View author's info Posted on Jun 03, 2006 at 07:22 AM

There are lots of ways to recognise scammers. First sign is they are usually thousands of miles away (Russia?).

Next, they fall in love with you simply by letters exchanged. They have a job but no telephone or computer of their own, so they must use the post office and internet cafe.

Their letter seem to never answer you direct questions.

The sting; I was tarvelling home and lost my wages what am I going to do?
    My mother is sick and needs an operation! I want to be with you and I have a friend in an agency that can save us $1000 on the tickets but must be paid cash. and the latest one is I will telephone you, (that way I can ask for money without written evidence)

Try sending an email with garbage text and see if you get a reply as if you had written a normal email and also keep asking the questions that have been ignored in the past then just send an email with those questions only see what happens then....
    I never answer emails from Russia or Africa. What do you expect the people that run this site to do they aren't our great aunt fanny are they. You tell them then they can do something...
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 14, 2006 at 06:31 PM

hi, I am a Canadian gal. I am new on here and not sure where I want to go with this. I have been reading some of the comments you made, and if I may I would like to say a few things. Scammers are everywhere, on here or out in the real world. how does one avoid them? You can't. I doubt that management could weed them out completly. They are part of this society and they do their best in trying to make some people lives miserable. When I have the pleasure meeting up with this type of person , I try to learn from that. Although; it hurts, I have decided that is not the way I would like to be, nor would I want others to see me like that.
    I am not a scammer on here or out there.
    I also have met some really wonderful people who are genuinely real, just like myself. So all I can say is be patient, that next wink could be the one.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 24, 2006 at 06:18 AM

Check out my suggestions here http://www.agematch.com/s8843086b30b45eea/forum?topic_id=1023380&count=4 and then let me know your thoughts and feelings.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 20, 2006 at 08:15 AM

Kinda of a shame you can't get the site owners/operators to do anything about it... don't you think? Trust me... I've tried. But once again, it comes down to the almight $$.
Follow - email me when people comment