Is any one really looking or is this just a joke? Friendship Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jan 06, 2005 at 01:02 PM

I have looked on this site for several days and have seen a few cute men. So I joined and sent messages and nothing. Why do people post an ad if they really aren't looking or at least have the common crutisy to say no thank you, if not intrested.
    I am seeking and only want to look at those profiles that are really wanting contact, not those who only want to play games or act stupid.
    I think that a picture doesn't tell you a thing you need to at least meet and decide for your self if you are intrested or not. Also it would help if more people placed a photo with their ad so you could know if you were intrested or not.No one I know wants to jump into a blind any thing. If you are going to do this at least try to get a picture posted. thank you.
    Follow - email me when people comment
  • 19Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM

If you think that just cause a guy is tall he can protect you better than a shorter man you are deluding yourself .  I am only 5 foot 7 but I am a Kenpo Karate Black Belt and I been into martial arts most of my life .  I am the Last dude your "Tall man " would ever want to mess with !   The days of John Wayne are DEAD the days of the Black Belts are here .  That is Reality Lady !    Wake-Up !!

• View author's info Posted on Nov 14, 2013 at 11:48 AM

If you think that just cause a guy is tall he can protect you better than a shorter man you are deluding yourself .  I am only 5 foot 7 but I am a Kenpo Karate Black Belt and I been into martial arts most of my life .  I am the Last dude your "Tall man " would ever want to mess with !   The days of John Wayne are DEAD the days of the Black Belts are here .  That is Reality Lady !    Wake-Up !!

• View author's info Posted on Aug 10, 2010 at 07:39 AM

That's the way most are....most dating sites are a joke! I know the guys want to talk alittle, but some of the women want to date right away and others want to talk forever....some can't make up their minds...I guess to be fair, the guys are probably like this too...
  • View author's info Posted on Aug 26, 2006 at 04:35 PM

My two cent? I've been on this site for 10 days only and already I've been contacted by quite a few sincere, intelligent, and open minded younger men. I am IMing, emailing, and talking by phone with a couple of them and its been a great experience. I think being a full member is definitely worth the cost. Unfortunately none of these men are living nearby, but distance is just a minor obstacle. I think that perhaps you haven't come across the right guys. Good luck to you, dear.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 30, 2006 at 01:08 AM

have only just joined and yes I'm truly looking please 4give there not yet being a photo.and may i say i truly love the way of what you have wrote.some one who cares take care hugs.x data one.
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 21, 2006 at 06:50 PM

I feel that most of the profiles on this site are inactive, not that we are all being ignored. Nearly all profiles say that the member has not been on this site in over a month. I have been unable to find any women in my vicinity who are active. Due to this, I am opening myself up to correspond with interested women anywhere in the world. If I can't have someone here, the next best thing is to have someone who is interested in me to talk with. As far as age goes, I am not picky. I can relate well to women of all ages. My reason for seeking younger women is that I keep myself healthy and fit mentally and physically and appreciate that in a woman. I find that it is harder to find an older woman who is slender, small-built and toned than to find a younger woman who is that way. Maybe I can help a young woman to realize the treasure she has to offer before society convinces her that only Barbie Dolls are feminine. I am open to any age woman and any type of relationship. I can be your patient teacher, your creative playmate or your lifelong partner. I just don't have the means to fly around to meet women or fly them to me. If you live in or travel to Southern California we can meet. If not, we can be special friends who share openly and honestly. I'm not into game players or extremists. I'm open-minded, caring, creative, playful, respectful and dependable. If you'd like a special friend, feel free to reach out to me. I am a paid member, so just send me a wink if you're not, but are interested.
  • View author's info Posted on Oct 16, 2005 at 11:39 AM

This guy has it right. The reason I chose to prefer older women is because i tend to get along with them better... and they are rarely as rude as their younger counterparts. I don't know the reason why, as there is more than one, but I am extremely grateful for that!
    ===========

OWseeker write:
    Redneck_woman makes good points. What you think ideally is your perfect mate may be altered by the person's attributes. One part about the person could outweigh another. Measure all they reveal and take a chance. Not all people age the same way nor does age lock someone into a stereotype. I think women in their 50's are more amiable than some in their 20's. Read and re-read forum remarks and read the person's profile.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 09, 2005 at 08:34 PM

I really like you comments. You seeem very real to me. I would like to chat with you.
  • View author's info Posted on May 22, 2005 at 09:19 AM

Redneck_woman makes good points. What you think ideally is your perfect mate may be altered by the person's attributes. One part about the person could outweigh another. Measure all they reveal and take a chance. Not all people age the same way nor does age lock someone into a stereotype. I think women in their 50's are more amiable than some in their 20's. Read and re-read forum remarks and read the person's profile.
  • View author's info Posted on May 19, 2005 at 05:39 AM

What an interesting thread this is developing into, which is why I still visit here, LOL! I most certainly agree that we end up with those who remind us of good as well as not so good people in our lives. I took a retrospective of my life's loves and found that I was most deeply affected by the ladies who physically looked like my mother did 40 years or so ago. BTW, she is still very much alive and well, and at 65, still gets pick-up lines from much younger men!

I think that my ex-wife reminded me of someone else. She seemed loyal, dedicated, and possessed those traits which I valued in a person. However, and with some sadness, since this has resulted in my having to endure much difficulty in seeing my daughter, I needed to divorce myself from this person--actually, she initiated the divorce, and I cannot thank her enough for doing so, since my adopting a very passive attitude, would have resulted in a lifetime of misery for the two of us.

I played the role of my father, perhaps, in this relationship. I never saw myself acting passive in my relationship until I was alone and was able to see it from a distance. However, my father is really not passive in real life, only on a superficial evel--sort of like a comedic routine!

I took a good look at the woman with whom I am connected to, and she looks like my mother!!! Another one!!! Am I seeing a pattern?

Bless You All,

Ksos
  • View author's info Posted on May 13, 2005 at 06:35 AM

ksos, good luck to you when you meet your love.

I have an opinion (like everyone else) about why people are attracted. With all the things that happen to you throughout your life some are remembered as terrible memories but some good things and/or good people stick with you for whatever reason. I think that when you consciously try to verbalize what you're looking for, you draw from those people you remember fondly. Maybe things like respectful, caring, loving were characteristics that drew you to those people in your past. For me, looking to meet a "tall" man comes (at least I think it does) because my dad was tall. I always felt very safe and protected when he was around so I think I look for that security in a mate.

Of course, that sure doesn't mean you will end up necessarily with the person you "think" you're looking for. Before my husband died 2 years ago we had been married for 21 yrs and he was maybe 1-2" taller than me and a very mild-mannered, laidback person. I was definitely the more aggressive, "protecter" in our relationship. But we fit perfectly. After he died, I was involved in one relationship for several months with another guy who was 5'11" and very outspoken, cocky, and arrogant. But those traits appealed to me. We "clicked".

There is just no rhyme or reason (at least in my opinion) about the attraction between 2 peope. Heck, how many times have you noticed a couple out somewhere and made the comment "how did he/she get that hunk/babe?" I guess I'm showing my shallow side, but I don't mind that. I'm not perfect, I have faults and if you fall for me, they come with the package!
  • View author's info Posted on May 12, 2005 at 05:28 PM

Many folks are very uncomfortable about their looks, especially me! I did, however, post my five photos when I was actively searching for a partner and, lo and behold, I actually did receive some responses from those with whom I perceived as far more physically attractive than I. Yet, I failed to see why I felt this way, and it makes sense.

As this is an AgeMatch, all of the women I were seeking were between the ages of 18-46. Of course, I do not "match up" physically with a 22 year old georgeous female since I am nearly 20 years her senior. I also haven't aged well do to a prior lifestyle which I'll essentially describe as "living on the edge."

I reviewed all of these responses I received from one catagory; these being the 18 year olds looking for a "free ride" and tossed them. I also received some from the same gender, which of course, I needed to delete, and eventually found someone who was younger than I, but connected with me on many different levels. Her and I were separated by thousands of miles, but continued our daily correspondance for nearly six months until today, when I informed her that I am ready to assist her in making the huge trek into the USA. No, she isn't going to steal from me. We developed a very close knit level of trust. We are planning to meet each other by June of this year.

I still am anxious, as she is far more attractive than I, at least from the dozens of photos she has exchanged with me and I with her. Sh says I look "macho" and I asked her when did she have her eyes examined, LOL! In other words, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Heck, she must like something else about me...maybe the fact that I fit her profile criteria? Who knows?

Ksos
  • View author's info Posted on May 11, 2005 at 09:19 AM

Unfortunately the lack of photos frustrates me too. I know that looks aren't THE most important thing, but face it guys, the way someone looks, dresses, smiles, the sparkle in their eyes or their gorgeous backside is what first attracts 2 people. And taking into account that it is so easy to BS online, I won't email without a picture. There are just too many people in online dating sites not to narrow down your choices someway.

In another forum someone wrote that people that didn't post pictures may not be comfortable with their looks. Well I believe that there is someone for everyone (sometimes 2 or 3)and "your" look will attract that person. I know lots more people (me included) who hate the way they look in a photo than I know who think they're Mark Harmon or Faith Hill. So I said all of the above to say this.....please post your picture.....you may be missing out on the love of your life!
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 06, 2005 at 07:12 PM

I get attention but from the wrong people....I'm bi and expect same...in responses. My profile dictates this and yet I get responses from those who are not bi male
  • View author's info Posted on Apr 06, 2005 at 07:11 PM

I'm a bisexual professional and younger looking male..seeking a male companion....I keep getting responses from females (nothing wrong with that but not what I paid for)....seems like I've wasted my money
  • View author's info Posted on Mar 15, 2005 at 11:19 AM

I'd love to chat with you, maybe meet somewhere in South Philly or Jersey. My name is Jim, i'm a 37yr old swm in Philly Pa. Let me know.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 17, 2005 at 11:00 AM

Cheer up :) It seems that posting in here gets attention.
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 30, 2005 at 07:19 PM

I have received many contacts without my photo, which is coming soon, however, no one seems to want to meet. I have also gotten profiles without photos and you all sound interesting. South Jersey is not that far from Philly so what's the problem?
  • View author's info Posted on Jan 07, 2005 at 12:27 AM

i dont know ive been on here a while but no one has talked to me yet so i can understand your point of view
Follow - email me when people comment